Commercial Transportation & Logistics
The Commercial Transportation and Logistics Group combines the skills of experienced litigation and transactional attorneys to provide full-service solutions for issues that affect motor carriers, shippers/brokers, warehouseman, and consignees confronted with the many challenges of delivering, transporting, storing, and receiving freight and commercial goods. We provide counsel and strategic planning for all aspects of the transportation industry on a state, regional and national basis.
Since 1948, Garan Lucow Miller, P.C. has provided its clients with high quality, effective and aggressive representation before state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies.
The Commercial Transportation and Logistics Group advises corporations and insurance companies on all of the following important areas of interest:
- Business counseling and litigation services that pertain to issues including transportation agreements, broker agreements and disputes, bills of lading and various contractual disputes. When appropriate we structure or restructure corporations or other business entities to obtain tax and insurance benefits, liability protection, transportation operational efficiencies, and regulatory compliance.
- Assist our clients in obtaining the necessary operating authorities, permits and licensing required for intrastate and interstate operations.
- Represent motor carriers in negotiating and drafting service agreements with independent contractor owner/operators, brokers, and shippers.
- Defense of commercial motor vehicle owners and operators in vehicle accident litigation, including catastrophic losses and property and cargo damage claims; Carmack claims.
- Regulatory matters including representation before the Department of Transportation.
- Counsel on compliance with the Motor Vehicle Code, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, MCS-90, and other applicable laws.
- Defense of Motor Vehicle Code violations, including defense of serious motor vehicle criminal violations, and driver licensing issues.
- Consulting services where experienced attorneys and trucking industry insiders conduct “mock” US-DOT audits. We spot specific areas of deficiency to assist the client in achieving compliance, thus minimizing claims, fines, and liability exposure. This program is also designed to assist clients in obtaining or maintaining a “satisfactory rating.”
- Emergency response. Another aspect of our Commercial Transportation and Logistics Group is our Emergency Response Team; A dedicated group of attorneys and experts who are on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist whenever there is a trucking/transportation accident or when our clients otherwise require immediate counsel.