Garan Lucow Miller, P.C. currently has an opportunity in the Firm’s Detroit office for a paralegal with litigation experience. Qualified candidates will have 2-5 years of experience in litigation as well as the demonstrated ability to fulfill the duties as described below.
- Research law sources by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Prepare legal documents in draft form for review, approval and use by attorneys.
- Correspond with clients, counsel, and other parties as requested by attorneys.Summarize records, discovery.
- Assemble, review and summarize medical and other records.
- Assemble, review and summarize documents related to all client matters produced by opposing counsel and third parties.
- File pleadings as directed by attorneys with various courts and/or other entities.
- Maintain organization of case files.
- Assist attorneys in all aspects of trial preparation as directed by attorneys.
- Pick up and/or deliver documents and other materials as needed.
- Legal Research – obtain cases, legal articles and analysis of rules on holdings.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties in a satisfactory manner.
Education and/or Experience:
The Minimum educational requirement is a degree from a legal assistant program (2 years college level) or an equivalent level of work experience in a law office.
Legal Compliance, Research Skills, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Telephone Skills, Multi-tasking, Organization, Legal Administration Skills, Client Relationships