Boyd E. Chapin, Jr.
- DBusiness Magazine, “Top Lawyer”, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2015 & 2016
- Chosen as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” 2009 – 2017
- “Super Lawyer” 2008 – 2016
- Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Rated
- Ph.B., Political Science, Wayne State University, 1966
- JD, cum laude, Wayne State University Law School, 1969
- Michigan, 1969
- Florida, 1984
- State Bar of Michigan
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Metropolitan Detroit Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Veterinarian Malpractice Defense
- Funeral Home Liability
- Nursing Home Liability Defense
- Professional Liability Defense
- General Liability Litigation
Publications and Lectures:
- Mr. Chapin has published numerous articles in various medical trade publications and newsletters.
- In addition, he has lectured in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Nebraska, New York, Wisconsin, Washington State, and other states on various medical issues and topics including HIPAA and other significant issues pertaining to the medical profession.
- Mr. Chapin has participated in numerous committees of the Metropolitan Detroit Bar Association, The Florida Bar, and the State Bar of Michigan.
- He was State of Michigan liaison for DRI and its Nursing Home Seminar, 2010.
- Currently Mr. Chapin is Vice-Chair of the Character and Fitness Committee, State Bar of Michigan.
- Mr. Chapin is an invited speaker on Professional Responsibility to various Law Schools.
- Wayne State University Law School – Adjunct Professor